According to an e-mail from AMC, “A four-day Breaking Bad marathon, which kicks off at noon ET/PT each day from Fri., Dec. 27 through Mon., Dec. 30, will feature every episode from the series’ critically acclaimed five seasons, making AMC the only destination for cable subscribers to watch every Breaking Bad episode for free.”
Breaking Bad just capped its 5-season television run on Sept. 29, with an ending that left fans in pure awe. Starring Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul as Walter White and Jesse Pinkman respectively, Breaking Bad chronicles Walter’s journey from family man to meth kingpin over the course of 5 seasons.
According to the e-mail, “On New Year’s Eve day, Dec. 31, at 9AM/8c, AMC will air a two-day marathon of The Walking Dead. Beginning with the pilot, episodes will air back-to-back in chronological order until 5AM/4c on Jan. 2, 2014.”
“The Walking Dead continues to be the #1 show on all of television among the coveted 18-49 demographic and remains the highest-rated series in the history of cable television. The first eight episodes of its fourth season delivered an average of 13 million viewers and 8.4 million adults 18-49.”
In The Walking Dead, take a step into the Zombie Apocalypse through the eyes of Sheriff Rick Grimes as he struggles to find his family in this world gone to Hell. Based on the comic books by Robert Kirkman and published by Image comics, be sure to check this series out if you haven’t already.
The new season of The Walking Dead is on its annual break at the moment, but it will continue with season four starting Sun. Feb. 9, 2014 at 9/8c followed by a new episode of the weekly talk show, “The Talking Dead.”
We at Pixcelation are raving fans of both shows. You can read up on the final season of Breaking Bad in our Recap/Review series, or on the first half of the fourth season of The Walking Dead, but be warned, both contain MASSIVE spoilers.
- Happy holidays: AMC to air ‘Breaking Bad’ and ‘Walking Dead’ marathons (voices.suntimes.com)
- They ain’t going anywhere: Walking Dead renewed for a 5th season (sdb5365.wordpress.com)
- AMC Airs Back-to-Back Marathons of ‘Breaking Bad’ and ‘The Walking Dead’ (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- Midseason Finale of The Walking Dead Draws Huge Ratings (mistermarquee.com)
- AMC Orders a Fifth Season of ‘The Walking Dead’ (nytimes.com)
- Not Dead Yet: ‘Walking Dead’ Renewed for Another Season (entertainment.time.com)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Mid-Season Finale Draws 12.1 Million Viewers (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Renewed by AMC for Season 5 (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- AMC Announces Confirmation Of A Fifth Season For The Walking Dead (popwrapped.wordpress.com)
- Blood and Guts with Heart: Why I Love The Walking Dead (eplcharliechat.wordpress.com)