Square Enix has announced a Collector’s Edition set for the upcoming game Final Fantasy XIII: Lighting Returns, a game that I’m personally looking forward too. For those of you who don’t know about this game, it is the third game for the Final Fantasy XIII universe. Taking place right after the events of Final Fantasy XIII-2, you play as a young woman named Lightning, one of the main protagonists in the XIII series, as she sets out 500 years after the events of Final Fantasy XIII in order to save the world from being destroyed before 13 days pass by.
The Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively on the Square Enix eStore, and will include:
- Original Artwork, including early character art work.
- “Enclosed in premium packaging featuring brand-new artwork, the collector’s edition includes a silver embossed pocket watch and a downloadable content (DLC) code of Aerith Gainsborough’s “Midgar’s Flower Girl” outfit, based on the original FINALFANTASY VII heroine.” – Square Enix
- A Foreword from the Art Director Isamu Kamikokuryo.
- “An introspective look at the worlds and architecture of the Nova Chrysalia world.” – Square Enix.
- A section filled with nostalgic Final Fantasy material that showcases crossover costumes and series’ fan favorites moogles and chocobos.
The Collector’s Edition is available for pre-order on the Square Enix eStore exclusively: http://sqex.to/eStore_LRFFXIII
- “Final Fantasy X|X2 HD Remaster” gets North American/European Release, Official Box Art (pixcelation.com)
- Square Enix Details Final Fantasy XIII Collector’s Edition (darkainarts.com)
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII – Collector’s Edition Guide Listed (squareportal.net)
- Showcase Trailer – Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (bagogames.com)